Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Never Let the Day Get the Best of You!


Well, today was certainly one for the books. The Bliss Collection produced a "mock" wedding today in Gainesville, Virginia at Stonewall Golf & Country Club.

On the way there, my Bergeron's vehicle broke down -completely stopped on Highway 66! Well, to my favor, a tow truck was behind me at that moment. He already had a tow, but he pushed my van over to the side. Within minutes, Myrna Grossman of For All Occasions was passing on her way to the event. She recognized me and pulled over. Another member of the event was passing as well, saw the van, and pulled over to help. Within minutes the flowers were all loaded into their cars and on their way (without me).

After about an hour and a switch-a-roo with my mom (what a doll!), the towing company arrived and I was finally on my way to the event.

Turns out that I wasn't the only one who had car issues. Mary and David at Mallowdrama had a flat tire!

Despite the obstacles in our paths, the wedding went without a "Hitch" (pun intended)!

It just goes to show that if a real wedding had taken place, vendors that work together on a regular basis can really pull together in a bind and still make that special day come together.

Look for the video and photographs on The Bliss Collection blog. There will be posts from me on this as well.

No comments: