Thursday, September 16, 2010

What a Day!

Okay, the life of a florist is by far NOT glamorous! I do agree that I get to enjoy the beauty of flowers, talking with brides about their fabulous weddings, customers who are excited to send flowers in celebration of someone or something, and employees that are too wonderful for words!

But there are some days where no matter what you do, you just feel like throwing your hands up and closing the office door and taking a nap!

Today, driving into the parking lot, I parked and got out of the car. Low and behold, someone had driven into the back of one of our delivery vehicles, cracking the taillight, scrapping the paint and evidently feeling no good sense of common decency to leave a note for their mishap. Obviously, it wasn't on purpose, so why not leave your number and be a nice person....come on, right?

Next hours were dealing with a whirlwind flurry of calls, returning emails, and planning take up the day along with countless drop-ins of advertising companies expecting your immediate sign-up with their "can't go wrong with our company" accounts.

Later on in the day one our a best corporate customers called only to inform us that the head boss had decided to cut back on expenses and the weekly flowers had to go. Understandable, but still a bummer! I know it will be okay, but it just put some icing on the proverbial cake. This economy has been very difficult for even the best companies.

At the end of the day, it always comes back to faith. My faith comes into play and I realize that this day is just a day and not the whole of my life. Thankfully, God is bigger than the crushed taillight and a cut-back on an account~ Whew! Bring on the morning....

Aahhhh.......beautiful flowers can be a respite. I needed that!
Flowers for a recent wedding centerpiece I loved!

1 comment:

Yumi's Blog said...

Pretty arrangement! I like it and I want to have like that. Anyway, I enjoyed reading this post. Thanks for sharing!



flower delivery philippines